Who I Am
1. Owner of the Jam Room Recording Studio;
2. Recording engineer with 100's of album credits dating from 1988;
3. Head instructor and director of Midlands Audio Institute;
4. Active musician playing in bands of varying styles since 1980; and
5. Idea man behind the non-profit Jam Room Music Festival.
Like many of us, growing up, I just wanted to play in a band and nothing else. Fortunately,I earned a degree in audio engineering from the University of South Carolina. Around 1985, I started using those skills by working for sound companies and working as a live sound engineer, while playing in bands. I worked and bought gear and in 1988, I set up my 8 track reel to reel in a shared space and recorded and mixed my 1st successful full length release.
I've earned a living in the audio business since 1985 and I have been a fully self employed studio owner since 1990. I remain a very active musician. I write, play, and record music with several bands of various styles. I also work as a session bassist. I continue to improve my recording skills and strive to make better records for my clients using old school recording methods and a variety of vintage and modern tools.